Friday 19 December 2014

When Did This Become OK?; Just Shut Up and Take My Money!

Ok, so when did behaviour like this become ok?

On Facebook, I'm clearly marked out as a musician, somebody musical, someone who's worked in and has experience of the music industry, etc., you get the picture. Today I received the following post on my page:

(Identity obscured to protect the poster)


In case you can't see above, it says "I gotta studio I go to every weekend but I need my own equitment so if you would like to help me with the funds inbox me".

Apart from the obvious terrible spelling and grammar, which I'm trying not to judge the person for, what I am judging them for is the terrible motive behind this post! As you can see above, they've tagged myself and 48 other people in this post, then went straight ahead lazily asking for money with a very vague explanation as to why! No please, no thank you, simply putting their hand out for some of my hard earned money.

As my more regular readers may have noticed, I posted about crowd funding initiatives and my conflicting feelings towards these sites a little while ago. Is this the evolution of crowd funding? I can't be bothered to work so I'll just post on a few Facebook pages and keep my fingers crossed?

What on earth is going on???? 

My big question is this. Has this actually worked for this person? Has anyone been generous/stupid enough to inbox this person saying "Hey, I have no idea what you want this for but here's a hundred bucks! Just shut up and take my money!"

In what world is this how we make, market and love each others music? 

No comments:

Post a Comment